ImageX has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Project Manager – an ideal position for a web-savvy, solution-oriented Project Manager.
At ImageX, you’ll work on exciting and challenging projects in a hybrid Agile environment where innovation and learning are prized and everyone’s voice is heard. Your colleagues are passionate about web development and advocates of open-source and delivering excellence.
This is a permanent full-time remote position including group benefits, paid vacation, education fund, and plenty of opportunities to grow with an industry-leading web development agency that values work/life balance.
Position is primarily remote based within British Columbia, Canada.
About the Position:
Working alongside our talented team, the successful candidate will help us build compelling and exceptional websites, applications, and mobile solutions. Our development team is focused on building the highest quality product and contributing innovative solutions back to the Open Source community.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be a confident decision-maker and problem solver who’s resourceful, proactive, solution-oriented and client-focused. We’re looking for someone who can exhibit remarkable foresight to avoid and minimize risk. You have a passion and commitment to building ongoing, long-term relationships with our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who can connect well with others while leveraging their teams’ technology expertise. The ability to effectively manage several projects concurrently is a requirement of this position.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Manage projects following ImageX’s project management process, employing a hybrid Agile methodology adapted to client needs, including scope, budget, and timelines
- Accountable to manage scope, schedule, budget, quality, and all project deliverables
- Monitor, track, and report on the overall schedule of projects
- Write and manage agendas, summaries, minutes, and assigned tasks
- Perform regular risk assessments on projects and proactively plan strategies to minimize and mitigate risk
- Provide regular reports to all internal and client stakeholders on project status
- Prepare weekly burndown reports
- Perform accurate initial project set-up and tracking through our project management and issue tracking system (JIRA) and our time tracking system (Harvest)
- Manage the development of requirements, information architecture, and content delivery plans
- Delegate work to the development team and provide guidance as needed
- Communicate, problem solve and collaborate with the team about risks, issues, and opportunities
- Act as a consultant in client negotiations and presentations, assisting in the up-sell process and creating value
- Oversee quality assurance throughout the project lifecycle, including the planning of review activities and scheduling of formal test execution via our QA team
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with client
- Provide suggestions on methodology, processes, and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Keep team highly motivated and help us build high levels of client satisfaction
- Achieve same-day responsiveness to all client reach-outs
- Earn clients’ trust through clear, polished messaging, ensuring that all deliverables demonstrate our due diligence and client-centered approach
As a Senior Project Manager, you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or Web Technologies or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management in an Agile environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a digital agency (managing CMS projects)
- Strong understanding of the development of dynamic websites, user experience design principles
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Superb verbal/written communication skills and engaging presentation style
- Capable of juggling multiple clients and campaigns simultaneously
- Relishes the daily challenges and unforeseen changes typically faced in a service agency environment
- Ability to understand technology as well as business requirements and confidence in consulting with clients on best practices or providing viable solutions
- Leadership skills and business acumen with a desire to contribute to the continued growth and development of the company
- Passion for excellence at every level
- Ability to motivate a team of creative and technical specialists to do their best work
- Actively keeps abreast of web and PM industry developments
- Ability to travel across North America approximately 10% of the time (1-2 trips per quarter)
Nice to have:
- PMP designation and Agile methodology training (Certified Scrum Master certification is preferred)
- CMS technologies (ideally Drupal)
- Business analysis skills
- Familiarity with development and process tools such as JIRA, Basecamp, Smartsheet, MS Project, etc.
*Base Salary Range: $100,000-110,000
(*based on benchmarking for our Vancouver location - subject to change)
We also offer additional Incentive Compensation including:
*Other bonus opportunities
*dependent on the role
Additional Perks/Paid Time Off:
15 days vacation
7 Sick Days
Education Fund + 4 paid education days
An additional paid personal day for each anniversary you celebrate!
Flexible statutory floater days - 11 days granted per year to observe the holidays that are meaningful to YOU!
A comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits plan including an annual health spending account and allowances for family health
Flexible working schedule
Healthy respect for a work/life balance throughout the organization
Annual corporate retreats, co-working days, and get-togethers with amazing people!
Our focus is ensuring fair compensation based on the unique skills and experience of each team member while aligning with defined pay ranges established through extensive market research.
Where our team members are located is crucial for operational efficiency, client service, and compliance with provincial legislation. Even for remote positions, specific placement within a Province or Territory influences the cost of living and market compensation, resulting in potential salary variations.
How to Apply:
Please apply through our online application form with your cover letter and resume.
Inclusion at ImageX:
At ImageX we operate as a team, focused on holding space for and fostering a sense of inclusion for all members of our team! We have a deep respect for each individual's strengths, points of view, experiences, and barriers.
We are committed to supporting our team members and working together to remove barriers wherever possible.
We welcome you to come as you are, and rest easy knowing that your differences are what make you special. Regardless of who you love, what gods you worship - (or don’t!), the color of your skin, and whatever barriers you may face in life. We are here for all of it, as it is our differences that allow us to be a better team, one that allows us to think critically, drive innovation, and deliver better business results for our clients.
Enterprise Drupal, Simply Delivered.
Our team is a distributed workforce with established teams in Canada, Ukraine, and Brazil. We put extra emphasis on enhancing the virtual relationships, but also work hard to create opportunities to have face-to-face co-working days and other get-togethers in each region whenever possible. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of both clients and our team – which means we value creativity, involvement, flexibility & being crazy in love with what we do.
ImageX is an award-winning enterprise Drupal agency that was founded in 2001. We’ve helped global brands including Apple, YMCA, and Trinity University architect complex technical solutions and create meaningful digital experiences through user experience, content strategy, visual design, and ongoing digital strategy.