Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) Case Study
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a global, nonprofit organization focused on relief, development, and peace. They approached ImageX to build two separate mobile-first sites which would launch in the same month, and partner for long-term support.
What They Needed
The MCC team was working on a plan for the replacement of their sites including their primary website, mcc.org, and their Thrift Shop site, thrift.mcc.org. Their previous sites were old and no longer met the needs of their audiences or the organization. The project required ImageX to:
- Redesign mcc.org
- Redesign thrift.mcc.org
- Provide long-term support to refine the new websites and assist with strategy, planning, and development of other digital communications projects and websites
How We Helped
We redesigned the site to have a faceted search and two variations of a carousel full of story cards scattered throughout the site, primarily on key landing pages such as Justice and Equity or at the end of stories. The carousel provides clear messaging about the story along with scannable hints about the story (e.g., location, story type, and theme).
- Links to more information and stories by taxonomy terms
- Tall and wide images with expand/collapse captions
- Carousel of “More stories” related to education
- Region indicator (region/country map outline)
- Podcast embedded player
- Tags to use as search terms
“This has been an incredible project and I'm so happy with the work your team has done, they are an amazing group. They all deserve gold stars and they should be very proud. The feedback we've been getting so far has been very positive."
- Digital Communications Manager
Drawing from the experience of our senior delivery team plus our approach, the primary goals set by the client that we achieved include:
- Create visually engaging and user-centered sites,
- Implement a story-focused content strategy,
- Improve SEO
- Ensure the site is easy to manage
- Improve accessibility
With the new mcc.org site, storytelling through words, compelling imagery, and information design is now woven throughout the user experience. Through improved SEO, users can discover what MCC does through various stories highlighted throughout the site. The stories are engaging, informative, and inspiring, and influence users to respond to MCC’s calls to action.